Vortex system broadens!
Based on last year’s sales figures we may say that our partners tend to prefer Vortex polyaxial plates to traditional ones. Vortex family has 30 plates and 3 screw diameters and offers a solution for the whole body.
The new member of the system is Vortex Proximal Femur (VPF) plate which can be applied for the treatment of intertrochanter fractures, proximal femur combined fractures, and proximal femur osteotomy.
Vortex instrument interchangeabilitiy is also ensured with this plate, since it can be operated with 5.1 mm screws and the well known instruments. Moreover, VPF plate can be combined with Sirtalis cerclage system.
Why Vortex Proximal Femur plate?
- Fits to the well-known Vortex system both in terms of screws and instruments.
- Gives a ± 15 degree freedom to the surgeon, in total 30 degrees of cone angle for polyaxial locking.
- Plate shape is anatomic, the arched head fits to the trochanter tip.
- Protects soft tissues: self tapping but blunt screws, rounded contours.
- There are combined holes, the holes on the tail are also polyaxial.
- Supports minimally invasive technique.
The new Vortex plate is available, contact your sales representative or regional manager!
You can learn more about the implant ont he next exhibition at AAOS! (New Orleans, 2018.03.7-9., Booth 3763). Looking forward to meeting you there!
Sales and Marketing Manager